Thursday, May 13, 2010

{Husband in the Kitchen}

I am not sure about the rest of you but I was lucky enough to fall in love with a man that can cook. It is one of our favorite things to do together. I always say... cooking is one of the only things that is referred to as an art... and a science. So it is our happy medium of interests.

On Sunday we had a major cooking day because we were both home and both hungry. Well for some reason or another my husband got the craving for German Bread. (He spent two years living in Germany and developed quite the taste for German food.)

He looked at me and said... "I want to make some German bread today." I myself don't cook bread very often, I don't know why. (I wasn't even sure if we had yeast in the house or not) So he got on the computer and found a recipe for one of his favorite German breads called Zopf. It is a sweet bread and is usually braided. Funny enough we didn't have any yeast so we called a few friends to see if they would let us use some of theirs. Lucky for Scott they were kind enough to give us some and he was on his way.

The whole time he was making the bread I kept laughing because he was just like a little kid in the kitchen... so excited to do everything that he would forget to read the instructions and end up add something in too early or forget to do it at a certain time. But sure enough he was determined to get this right and to have that Zopf for later. After it had risen enough (4 hours, aka the time we were at church) we came home to a huge pan of dough. We hurried and put it in the oven. After it came out Scott tried some and said it wasn't as sweet as he remembered it to be so I brushed a little butter and sugar combo on the top to glaze it over. It was really, really, good. I was quite impressed with his skills, not to mention the fabulous braiding job he did. (I didn't even touch it once)
Nice work Scott!!








3 comments:

The Matthews Family May 13, 2010 at 4:45 PM  

Ooh! Austin would LOVE that! We should get those two boys cooking German food together!

Ashley Moore May 14, 2010 at 7:14 AM  

We need to have you guys over for dinner some time :) It would be really fun. We could do a German theme night :)

Scott and Jillian May 19, 2010 at 8:19 AM  

That looks good! Maybe liking to cook is a "Scott" thing, 'cause my Scott likes to cook, too.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP