Saturday, September 11, 2010

Remembering 9/11


I think we all remember where we were when we first heard the news... I know I do.


Thinking back on that day and all the time that has passed in between, I remember seeing all the flags flown and the respect toward God and Country. I remember the unity and love our nation had. Now I wonder where that has gone.

In April of this year my husband and I traveled to Boston. My husband was there to run in the Boston Marathon. Since we both love to learn and explore we took an extra day to tour old Boston. It was a wet misty kind of day, cold but not miserable. We walked The Freedom Trail and looked upon historical landmarks all day. Toward the end of the trail we stopped upon this monument set up outside an old church.




As I was taking photos of these tags I though of a soldier,
PFC Dan Dolan,
I went to Jr High and High school with him, he lost his life serving our Country.
He was only 19 years old.
I zoomed in on one tag and thought of him. I thought of his sacrifice, I thought of that day on 9/11 and what it felt like, I thought of taking drivers ed and hearing over the car radio that our Country was going to war.
Then I looked to my right and thought of the man now standing next to me... My husband who just joined the Air Force. I thought of the commitment he had made, I thought of the years of service ahead of us. I thought of all the good he would provide in the medical field to those soldiers in their time of need.

2001 -2010 All of the things that have happened in between in my life... all of the things that have happened to our Country as well. I wonder where the unity is now... where the Faith in God has gone.

12 Behold, this is a choice land, and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall be free from bondage, and from captivity, and from all other nations under heaven, if they will but serve the God of the land, who is Jesus Christ, who hath been manifested by the things which we have written.

0 comments:

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP