Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fall Craft Projects

I am really starting to enjoy the Fall. Usually Summer has been my favorite but I guess that has changed. Maybe it has something to do with living in Arizona now and Fall means we are one step closer to weather that is less than 95 degrees. I also think I am loving the colors that Fall brings. I decided that it would be fun to makes some crafts that bring those colors into my home. Here are the projects I came up with... all of these supplies were bought at a Dollar Store. (With the exception of the sticks on the right... those came from my backyard)


By taking apart the straw broom and cutting the pieces into
equal lengths I created a stacking pattern my hot gluing them to the glass vase.



Next I added the wheat pieces slightly higher
than the straw pieces...
this gave the piece a dimensional look.

Next I cut my sticks to equal lengths and
then glued them down to the base...
making sure that the natural
curves of the sticks faced outward.


These little candle votives were also at the Dollar Store and made for awesome side pieces to compliment my centerpiece. By simply taking the ribbon and wrapping it loosely around the votive I was able to cut, fold the cut edge, and glue the ribbon down without having it stick to my votive... this way you can change out the ribbon for different holidays.


Ta Da!!! Tie a quick bow around the sticks of your center piece,
Add a cute Fall place mat under it and it looks supper cute.


Here is another quick Dollar Store project...
this awesome addition only cost me $6 and
only took about 30 minutes to make it in.
(I love the Dollar Store if you haven't guessed)

3 comments:

The Matthews Family September 7, 2010 at 2:47 PM  

Okay, so let's do a girls' night and make that wreath! I LOVE it! And I totally need something to spruce up my house for the fall!

Jillian September 7, 2010 at 3:11 PM  

I agree with Pam. Sounds like Ashley's in charge of our next Craft Night. Ha ha! Love the vase, too.

The Asper's September 8, 2010 at 10:12 PM  

Ashley- you are ridiculous! I feel depressed that I don't do more with my time- Everything here is sooo cute. Thanks for all the ideas.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP