Monday, June 14, 2010

Under Water Basket Weaving?

I started this project quite awhile ago. I was tired of the same old same old straight flat stitch and I wanted something that had depth and personality to it. I did some poking around and found this great stitch called the Basket Weave stitch. It looks just like a woven basket. After I started to get the hang of it I decided to make use of it and I designed this blanket.
I think I undid this blanket about 3 times before I got it right. See the wider and looser basket weaves mess with my number count and can really play tricks with the tension of the row. It was quite a challenge to get it right. I think the end product was well worth it. This will be another great blanket to add to the collection.





2 comments:

The Matthews Family June 14, 2010 at 7:50 AM  

You. Are. Ridiculously. Talented!

Scott and Jillian June 14, 2010 at 9:18 AM  

Ooh, that is so pretty!! You are one crafty lady! ;)

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP