Wednesday, April 14, 2010

-Little Black Jacket-

Well friends I must tell you, crochet has been my medium of choice now for the last few months. Because this is another crochet post.

My friends down here in Arizona decided to have a favorite things party. (It was a blast by the way, thanks Pam!) So basically what you do is bring your favorite item from different categories such as, favorite kitchen item or favorite hobby. You set a price limit so that all of the items don't go over X- amount of money. Then you have a fun girls night and everyone tells about their items and then you switch and swap. It makes for a very fun evening.

Well back to the black jacket. I was going to crochet a small purse for my favorite hobby... to be given away at the party. I started with an awesome shell bottom so it would have a very feminine look to it. I got the bottom part done and began making the sides when I realize this was looking more like a bag... :( I would have to take something else to the party to represent my hobby. So before I undid all of this project I stopped at the bottom part and decided maybe I could use it for something else. I put it up to my neck and it looked really cute, but in AZ a cute little neck warmer, (or neck cozy as some people call them) just wouldn't be practical.
I got to thinking maybe I could use it for a high necked jacket!!! I started designing right away.

There were a few problems...
1. I have never made clothing in my life. sewed, crocheted, or any other form
2. I had no pattern to go off of
3. I don't own a measuring tape. I only have straight flat rulers (that's the drawer in me I guess)

So you think that would be logic enough not to jump into something like this... HAAA. You should know me better by now.


I started with the neck piece since that is what inspired me in the first place. I ran up to my closet and grabbed a few different articles of clothing that hinted at the design I was going for. Then I did a little sketching and thinking.

After much trial and error, a trip to Utah, and a few snowy days there... I had completed the jacket. I have to admit it was a lot of work, and I learned a lot from it. I would have to say I had my doubts about it actually working out but how glad I am that it did work!!!!

So today I had to do a fashion show in my backyard for all the pigeons, (if any of you have been to my house you know what I am talking about. And Heaven help me if the neighbors were watching!!)

I had to share what I have been working on with all of you!! Hope you enjoyed hearing about this little project. Thanks for reading!!!






3 comments:

Scott and Jillian April 14, 2010 at 10:50 PM  

Oh my goodness...that is ADORABLE!! I love it!! If they neighbors were watching it was probably because they were jealous of your mad crocheting skillz!

The Matthews Family April 15, 2010 at 6:33 PM  

How GORGEOUS is that?!? Ah-mazing!

Whitters May 18, 2010 at 12:15 AM  

Cute! You have some mad skills my friend :) and may I say the dessert above looks divine as well. Makes me crave things I shouldn't have! haha

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP