Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Melvin's Magic Act - The Finished Product

Well after a year long process, Melvin's Magic Act is finished.
I thought you might be interested to see how it turned out. Here are some photos of the finished book and some of the processes I use in making the book. Hope you all enjoy!


Here is a pencil sketch of Melvin and then topped off with water color. There is actually a few other steps in between these two photos. (I do an old school pen and ink outline, the kind of ink that requires a nib and the user to dip the nib in the ink bottle.) After the ink is dry I erase any pencil marks and dust off any eraser shavings. Then it is off to work on the water color step.



After the art work is all finished I scan the images onto my computer and do some cleaning and adjusting. Then I place my text and images on a page to get them ready for print. The pages actually don't print out how you see them in a finished book. Often the pages are all mixed around so when they are folded they line up with the right back page and right front page. This photo below shows one of my print pages along with some of my crop marks. Putting books together is a long process!


Here is the really fun part... the actual printed book. I will have to tell you all about printing the book and binding it all together another time. For now just enjoy the final product.









5 comments:

The Matthews Family September 28, 2010 at 12:28 PM  

Oh.My.Goodness.Amazing!

Scott and Jillian September 29, 2010 at 12:25 PM  

That is darling! I can't wait to see it in person!

Aaron and Jodi October 9, 2010 at 8:38 PM  

Congrats girl! You are talented. Love the fun illustrations. I need to get with you some time and find out all the details on getting a book published! It is still an aspiration of mine.

Erin October 26, 2010 at 5:21 PM  

Ashley, you are amazing!!!!

The Asper's October 27, 2010 at 10:22 AM  

Ashley- You've done it again! You never cease to amaze me!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP