Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Welcome to the Jungle


Welcome to the crochet jungle that is...
it's been a wild and crazy adventure creating these new friends.


This elephant was actually the last one of the group to be finished.


These animals are an extra step beyond my crochet monsters.
The monkey was actually my first creation to this group.
I wanted to make him a stuffed animal version
of my watercolor monkey I usually paint.
He even has a removable banana.


The lion was sooo fun to make!! It took awhile to figure out
exactly how I wanted him to look but I think he turned out kinda sweet.


As I was making the giraffe I realized I needed to make the little brown things on the top of its head... by its ears.
As I thought about it, I wondered what they were called? I asked my husband what he thought they were called and he said he didn't know but they should be called
"Dongles"

I'll give you 20 points if you know what they are called ... without looking it up on google!!



Here is the answer : They are called Ossicones

And I love this little piggy my husband lovingly named him

Breakfast :)

What's a pig without a curly tail?

My husband also likes Otters and his old nickname used to be "Scotter"


Nothing like a squishy Penguin!!



I have loved learning how to make all these fun animals and I really wish I had created patterns to go with them. Maybe the next one I make I will do a tutorial on and include a pattern. :)
Anyone interested in that?

Besides these guys love having new friends :)


10 comments:

The Matthews Family September 15, 2011 at 5:04 AM  

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!! Are you going to sell them? Do you know how much yet? Because I think the monkey would be a great Christmas gift for Max and the pink pig would be a great Christmas gift for Makenna! Let me know if you decide to sell them and for how much and I'll let you know if my student-budget can afford to order them. Because I LOVE them!!!!!!!!! (By the way, you look super cute! Did you do something different to your hair? I can't tell if you cut it or if it is just a cool up-do!)

Jillian September 17, 2011 at 12:28 PM  

Those are so adorable!

Andrea September 24, 2011 at 8:54 PM  

LOVE THEM! You're so talented. Teach a sweatshop of children to make millions of these little guys and you'll be rich!
(minus what you'll have to pay the children... but pay them in stuffed penguins of course!)

KJ October 23, 2011 at 10:08 PM  

Do you have patterns for all your stuffed crochet animals?

Caz November 16, 2011 at 3:26 PM  

These would be ideal as I'm expecting a boy in March and his nursery theme is Safari. Will you be able to create written instructions at all? x

Ashley Moore December 2, 2011 at 7:19 AM  

I create all my own patterns. I haven't ever tried to write them down but that is my next goal. Is there one animal
in particular that you are interested in?

Very Veronique January 13, 2012 at 1:26 AM  

These are amaing!!! I especially love the monkey (so so cute with the removable banana!!) & of course the piggy (because I have a pet pig at home - though he doesn't have a twirled tail, the wild piggies don't:))

If you're selling I'm buying:)

love, msveve.blogspot.com

Donna Baker January 22, 2012 at 8:27 AM  

these are so stinkin' cute! congrats on your alligator skirt advancing in the contest, it was great! I would so love to see patterns on these, especially the giraffe! you are so talented!

Kelley January 25, 2012 at 1:33 PM  

I love them.... please do a tutorial. Where canyou get such cute little creatures?

Heather February 16, 2012 at 4:45 PM  

oh yes - please share the patterns!!! soooo cute!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP