Thursday, May 26, 2011

Nachtessen kochen

Yum dinner time...

So this year my husband and I celebrated 4 years of marriage. When we first got married I was just learning how to cook. I knew how to bake but I didn't really know how to COOK.
For instance I don't think I ever cooked with
raw chicken before I was married.
(Or any other raw meat)


Jump 4 years ahead and I am cooking up a German feast...
Scott loves German food!!
(He spent two years in Germany on his mission for
the Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints)

So to celebrate our anniversary I cooked up a list of German goodies.
Jäger-Schnitzel
Spätzle
Sauerkraut
Gurkensalat


And For Dessert:

Apfelkuchen

Translation for all of those who don't know what all that is:

Jäger-Schnitzel: Typically a veal or pork schnitzel topped with a creamy-mushroom sauce.
(I used chicken for mine, we aren't big pork fans)

Spätzle: are very small German egg noodles made from flour,
eggs, salt and either water or milk.

Sauerkraut: Chopped cabbage that has been pickled in brine

Gurkensalat: Cucumber Salad soaked in a vinegar dill dressing

Apfelkuchen: Apple Cake





This was by far my very very favorite...
Normally I am not a huge fan of German deserts
(normally they don't use a lot of sugar)
But this cake was sooo yummy.
Scott said it might be his all time favorite cake!! It's supper soft on the inside and has a wonderful crispy-sugary shell on the outside. The apples are a perfect complement to the texture.
I crave this cake almost every day... yeah it's that good!!

Happy Cooking :)

-Craft Hard

1 comments:

Andrea June 3, 2011 at 7:44 PM  

I think I ate that cake for breakfast! Not even joking. The name was something like that... I'm not even going to attempt writing it out. Mine was a pancake version though. And YES, so good.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP