Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Monsters in my Closet...

As some of you may have guessed by now,
I don't have skeletons in my closet...
I have monsters.
Yes it is true... I am not some 5 year old who is scared to go to bed at night with the closet door shut. (I actually prefer it shut) No, I guess I am not afraid because I am the one who put them there. In fact I am the one who created them.

Yes 7 adorable squishy monsters now live in my closet.
Here is the original sketch that brought these little guys into existence.


And here they are alive and well













Have you ever heard of The Sock Monster?
Well now you finally get a chance to meet him. This guy lives in my dryer.
He likes to steal random socks every now and then.
(Notice the colored socks on his legs... not one of them is the same as the other)
He loves a good mystery and he likes to share the love by keeping you guessing too.









I had so much fun making these little guys I couldn't just keep them all to myself... so I decided to share. My beautiful sister is going to have a little boy in April and I knew he needed one of these monsters to watch over him when he finally gets here. So I sent a monster along with this cute hand made car seat cover. The cover was actually easy and really fun to make thanks to an online tutorial I found. :)



There are a lot of people around me that are pregnant right now
(I guess it's that stage of life hu)
One of my friends is about to have her little girl (any day now)
and so I made this layette for her.
It was my first time making a full jacket...
it was a lot of work but I think it turned out beautifully.







Craft Hard

4 comments:

Jillian February 23, 2011 at 1:47 PM  

Ah! All those monsters are so adorable! The layette is gorgeous, too.

Kristen February 24, 2011 at 1:51 PM  

and I love it. OS thank you! I've been looking for a car seat cover tutorial....

elise May 27, 2011 at 4:54 PM  

Your projects are amazing. The monsters are the cutest things ever! I just found your blog. So fun to read.

joN aNd tRiciA August 4, 2011 at 9:14 PM  

Ashley where did you find the carseat cover tutorial, I love the style that you made. Also you are so talented! would you mind sending me a message via facebook on that website pretty pretty please!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP