Monday, January 30, 2012

Oh How Charming

Ever since I was little I have been obsessed with miniature items. I used to love playing with Polly Pockets. I had a fascination with small detail. If you know me you also know that I love sweets!! So when you mix miniatures, sweets and crafting you get... Mini Sweet Charms.

 I have to give the credit to Mondo from Project Runway All-stars for getting me started on making these charms.  In one of the episodes of All-stars, Mondo is sporting a cute lollypop miniature necklace. So I decided that I would make one. (I forgot to take a photo of the lollypop necklace that I made, I will post one later, sorry) I found a plethora of online tutorials on how to make these cute things. Since I haven't done the clay thing in awhile I got it out and got to work!! You might remember my last clay play time I made a wedding cake topper.

Here are my versions of the sweet creations.  

Just so you get an idea of how tiny they actually are :) 




Getting hungry yet?






The nice thing is they are interchangeable so depending on what sweet I am feeling that day I can switch them out and put them on a necklace. If I am feeling really sweet I can show them all of on my charm bracelet. 









1 comments:

The Matthews Family January 30, 2012 at 5:21 PM  

I was so confused at first because I thought that cupcake was REAL! It's that lifelike! Wow! Great job, girlfriend!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP