Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cooking up some Lucky Verde

Since St.Patrick's day is this week my hubby and I decided
to try our hands at a new recipe for Chili Verde.
(Yeah I know it's not an Irish dish but it's green right)
But before we could make our kitchen concoction
I finally got around to making myself an apron. :)

I wanted something a little flirty and fun. I looked around
for different styles of aprons and this is what I came up with.

Here is my paper crafting blocks for the holiday...


Now on to the Chili Verde
This recipe was found in the Cuisine at home Splendid Soups & Sides
(I am giving you our modified version)

Makes 7 cups Total time: 1 1/2 hours

Roast:

6 Anaheim Chiles

Sear in 2T. Vegetable Oil:

1 1/2 Ib. Chicken Breast cut into 1" pieces

Deglaze with; Add and Sweat:

3 cups white onion, diced
2 cups tomatillo, diced
3 T. garlic, minced
1 T. ground cumin
2 t. dried oregano
1 t. ground coriander

Stir in:
3 cups chicken broth
Roasted chilies

Finish with:
1 T.fresh lime juice
Pico De Gallo

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Roast chilies in the oven for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Transfer to a bag to steam for 10 minutes, then peel, remove the stems and seeds, and chop.

Sear chicken in oil in a large pot over high heat until cooked.

Deglaze with 4 T. chicken broth, scraping up bits from the bottom of the pot. Add onion, tomatillo, garlic, and seasonings. Sweat over medium heat, stirring often, for about 10 minutes, or until onion softens.

Stir in the remaining chicken broth and chilies. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes.

Finish with lime juice. Top servings of chili with Pico de Gallo



Look at those Anaheim chilies what a beautiful green color.


The peeled tomatillos... don't mistake these for Granny Smith's



Chop chop, cook, season, smells good

What a lovely mix of colors, Yea for fresh veggies!!



The final product, just enough spice to make it interesting.
The hubby loves it


Don't get pinched this year and wear some green...
or at least eat some green food :)











Side note: this was a sewing project a few weeks ago... yeah you could say I have been loving the ruffles.
It reminds me of an upside down flower. :)





Craft Hard

3 comments:

Cherie March 15, 2011 at 8:55 PM  

Your. Talent. Is. CRAZY! I'm sure I've said it before, but I'll say it again, Is there anything you CAN'T do????? I love, love LOVE the skirt. How much would you charge me for it? hehe. :) No, seriously. :)

Jillian March 16, 2011 at 10:04 AM  

Those food pics are beautiful, and so are the apron and skirt!

Emily February 10, 2012 at 8:25 PM  

Love the ruffle skirt!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP