Saturday, February 12, 2011

A Change of Heart


This year I realized that I had nothing to put up for Valentine's Day. (It is not one of my favorite holidays) Part of that reason is the fact that my husband is not a big romantic, holiday, gift giver. Don't get me wrong he is an amazing guy and I love him for the man he is. I knew I was in trouble after our first Valentines Day together when he announced that he meant to get me something really special but all he found was brown argyle socks.


So that should have tipped me off right there. Last year was a real doozy of a year... I won't even bring up what took place. (lets just say it was way way worse than brown socks) So needless to say I warned him this year... get me some flowers and Dove chocolate and you will get a big gold star in my book. :)

You can imagine how amazed and shocked I was when he came home from school with a bunch of flowers a full week before the big Feb 14th. He said he wanted to make sure I knew he was thinking of me and that he didn't forget this year.
I thought it was so sweet. What a great guy.

I guess you could say he had a change of heart... and so did I.

So off I went to make some Valentines Day crafts

I have never been the person that is really into paper crafts... scrapbooks and card making are fun but they aren't my first choice. Then I met my mother-in-law. She seriously has the most amazing stash (if you can even call her craft room a stash) of paper and beads and other fun crafty stuff. This last weekend I went up to visit family and do a photo shoot. My sweet mother-in-law must have been reading my mind because she gave me a box of paper and other fun paper supplies to go with it. I was so excited to get home and start crafting :)

I guess I went a little nuts with all the fun goodies I got but really
those big 12x12 sheets make a lot of fun stuff.

I used 3 sheets for this project and still had some left over for some cute cards.

I had some left over wood from a project awhile ago and I saved it knowing that one day I might just need it for something like this :)

I made up this card for my husband with some of the left over scraps.
(I had enough to make 4 other cards too)

I am not sure if you remember this post...
but that was my initial idea for the candle/ribbon decorations.
Here is the ribbon for V-day.

Here are the candles next to the beautiful flowers my husband brought me. :)
First time he has ever bought me roses...
and he couldn't have picked a more beautiful bunch.
They look soo good in the space too.

So then I got to thinking that I needed something else to add to my collection.
(I was having way too much fun to stop there)
So I did this fun little quilted paper frame.
I used 4 sheets of paper... and had enough to make a total of 4 of these adorable projects.
I also had some scraps left so I made this...


I love giving things some dimension
(don't mind my crochet project basket... the next post will be about what lives in there)




Here is what I made with the extra
Who doesn't love a cute little dangly heart mobile thing... :)
I wasn't going to toss the scraps when they could be made into something fun.


It's so fun with the red accent wall too.




And best of all my sweet husband gave me the rest of my Valentine's Day surprise today...
he informed me that he is taking me on a trip to
DISNEYLAND!!!



It is his last Spring Break... well probably forever, so we are going to live life and have some fun. We are also going to count it as our anniversary celebration too
(that's not till May though)

He said he is trying to make up for the past 4 years
and I think he may have done just that.
I am one lucky girl!!
I hope you guys have a very happy Valentines Day this year.

Lots of Love!!




2 comments:

Scott and Jillian February 13, 2011 at 12:36 PM  

Awesome!! I love all the crafts, and you will have a fabulous time at Disneyland!

Kristen February 13, 2011 at 3:45 PM  

well that sounds awesome! You will have fun!

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP