Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Pigeon Fashion Show...

If you happened to read my post about my little black jacket you might remember reading something about the pigeons watching my fashion show... Well I think they are fed up with my fashion. One tried to let me know that they think my idea of fashion is, well... CRAP. It seriously tried to take a dump on me. Stinking bird. Well I didn't let that stop me from taking a few pictures of my most recent adventure in clothes making.

I got a sewing machine for my birthday (I have been wanting one for about a million years)
Thanks to my wonderful family they all donated to the Ashley's Sewing Machine Fund... which opens up another sector of creative freedom. (I had a joke going with my husband that it was probably a good thing I didn't have a sewing machine because that would mean the a whole other side of the craft store would now be open to me)

I have done a little bit of sewing here and there, mostly in Home Ec. class. I sewed an
awesome patch work pillow that year. I have also given my Mom's machine a try but most of the time it had tension issues. So I was thrilled to play on my new machine and try out some of these great projects I have been seeing on blogs everywhere.

I decided that a skirt would be a great place to start. It's not always easy to find a good skirt that fits the way it should and is knee length. So I got an idea in my head and started to go for it. I learned a lot as I went along. Lucky for me I thought ahead and bought 2 yards of fabric just in case I messed up :) Oh and did I mess up. I learned a lot about measuring out extra fabric for elastic waist skirts.


But here is the final product.






A few months ago I also made these little goodies. Crochet is too hot to sport in the AZ heat so I tried something a little different with these two.




3 comments:

The Matthews Family July 14, 2010 at 4:31 PM  

Oh my goodness! I love it all! I cannot believe you made such a cute skirt! You were just lying to us about not knowing how to sew, weren't you?

Scott and Jillian July 14, 2010 at 4:47 PM  

That skirt turned out so cute!! And the crocheted stuff is awesome, too!

tanece429 January 11, 2013 at 9:23 PM  

I just found your blog! and I am loving it... I was just wondering if you had a pattern for the tan vest and if not could you possible tell me where I can find it.

Followers

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP